Landmarks is focused on its Future at the End of 2022! Invest today!
Help us take advantage of the momentum we've built and push us to new heights by investing in Landmarks incredible future
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
2022 has been a wonderful year for the Landmarks Foundation. Serious and much needed work has happened in Old Alabama Town, we’ve started new business ventures, continued to expand our programing into digital education, and initiated a conversation about preservation’s role in community revitalization. At the same time, we’re in a process to define our goals for the next five years.
We are approaching the end of the year with a focus on the future. This is an opportunity for you to invest in Landmarks, to help push us farther and be a part of what’s to come!
A few things that happened this year:
- The rejuvenation of Old Alabama Town has begun, spending approx. $285,000 on building maintenance projects since 2020
- Added a fascinating piece to our Permanent Collection, the Belshaw Clock
- Utilizing digital assets to expand outreach and educational opportunities
- Expanded revenue opportunities
- Providing Preservation consulting services
- Began guided tours of Montgomery
Some of these things were past due, but others are meant to establish a footing for Landmarks to focus on preserving Montgomery’s historic character and contributing to economic growth.
Montgomery’s future is Landmarks’ future and your investment is a direct contribution to this shared vision. Because Landmarks has a diversified income stream, your investment is a direct investment in our mission, helping us accomplish projects in community design, historic preservation, neighborhood revitalization, and history education.
Projects happening now and in the near future:
- Design vision with Montgomery partners and Auburn Urban Studio, envisioning the future for Court Square, Montgomery St, 5 Points, and Mobile St.
- Engaging the Downtown Action Plan
- Working with community partners to create a Revolving Loan Fund for historic home maintenance
- Thinking about Landmarks next 5 years through a planning and branding project